hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 07:32:02 GMT
I'm happy to announce that on May 13, Hadoop version 1.2.0 passed its
release vote.  It is now available in SVN and is in process of propagating
to artifact mirrors.  It should be available on all mirrors by end of day
Wednesday.

This release delivers over 200 enhancements and bug-fixes, compared to the
previous 1.1.2 release. Major enhancements include:

   - DistCp v2 backported
   - Web services for JobTracker
   - WebHDFS enhancements
   - Extensions of task placement and replica placement policy interfaces
   - Offline Image Viewer backported
   - Namenode more robust in case of edit log corruption
   - Add NodeGroups level to NetworkTopology
   - Add "unset" to Configuration API

 Please see the Hadoop 1.2.0 Release
Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.0/releasenotes.html> for
more details.

This is a beta release.  I intend to start a stabilization release (version
1.2.1) in 3 weeks from now.

All open Jira tickets with Target Version "1.2.0" that weren't yet closed,
were moved to Target Version 1.3.0.  However, if you want something fixed
in 1.2.1, you are encouraged to edit that ticket, change its Target Version
to 1.2.1, and contribute a patch to branch-1.2.  Bug fixes are welcome in
1.2.1.  However, we ask that significant feature enhancements be
contributed to branch-1 for the future version 1.3.0, instead.

Thank you, and enjoy your new release.
Best regards,
--Matt
(release manager, version 1.2)