hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Streamlining the Hadoop release process
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 04:34:18 GMT
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Robert Evans <evans@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> This depends on how quickly Yahoo will be off of branch-0.23 and if Yahoo
> is the only one maintaining it then it will not receive any bug fixes.
> Does that make branch-0.23 any less stable, no.  Does it make it less
> desirable for people to move to? Yes.

Do you think there's anything that we can do as a community to help with that?
Or on a flip side -- do you think there's any chance for Yahoo! team
to formalize
the kind of workflows that the company cares about in Bigtop integration or
component unit tests?

Personally, I'm mostly nervous about the fact that I'm yet to hear any of the
DevOps from major Hadoop using companies to chime in on the 2.0.5-beta
discussion with their take on what 'beta' means to them.

Thanks,
Roman.