hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:28:28 GMT
As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it obvious that there is a
vote happening.

I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus
approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.
 No actual change to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that voting.

As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC members (although others
are encouraged to speak up).

Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes
than -1 votes.

Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a joke).

I am +1 (binding)

--Bobby