hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 17:12:23 GMT
+1

Also, if "lazy" means that no explicit voting is done, then the other
uses of "lazy" in the Hadoop bylaws are incorrect and should be
removed (in a separate vote at this point).

Doug

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Robert Evans <evans@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it obvious that there
is a vote happening.

> I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus
approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.
 No actual change to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that voting.

> As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC members (although
others are encouraged to speak up).