hadoop-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:55:15 GMT
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> The issue that a downstream
>> integration project is likely to have is - for once - the absence of
>> regularly published development artifacts. In the light of "it didn't
>> happen if there's no picture" here's a couple of examples:
>  Maybe I wasn't clear, apologies, my request is simpler: Can Bigtop validate a Hadoop

The short answer to this is -- yes. It would be extremely nice if
we don't have to wait till the first official RC but could jump on
the branch somewhat sooner. That, of course, would require
a higher degree of coordination. If future Hadoop RMs would
be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
I think that'll be the best way to proceed.

Do you think this would be a reasonable agreement?

On a related subject -- it would be extremely nice if Hadoop
community can help us with planning the bill of materials
for the future release of Bigtop. Essentially taking a bit
of a more active role in yay'ing or nay'ing our version
choices. There's a thread on LTS Bigtop releases that
Cos started but I think we can only hope to have an LTS
if the underlying Hadoop is also LTS'ish.


View raw message