hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hadoop-2.0.4-alpha bug-fix release
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:02:09 GMT
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Thanks to Bobby we might have narrowed down the issue to a change needed in
>  Oozie, I'll start preparing to make the 2.0.4 release later this week.

First question: as far as I can tell MAPREDUCE-5088 is still unresolved. Do you
plan to commit it soon?

Also, we are not out of the woods yet. The Hadoop build out of the
2.0.4-alpha branch
still seem to have issues with Kerberos deployments. Here's the first
in a series
of JIRAs:

There's also: " ERROR org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC: RPC.stopProxy called
on non proxy."
exception between kerberized Oozie and RM that came in last night.
Alejandro and I are investigating it today.

As it stands, however, Bigtop can't yet validate 2.0.4-alpha.

Thanks,
Roman.