hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Alejandro Abdelnur <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2013 16:15:53 GMT
jumping a bit late into the discussion.

I'd argue that unless those filesystems are part of hadoop, their clients should not be distributed/build
by hadoop.

an analogy to this is not wanting Yarn to be the home for AM implementations.

a key concern is testability and maintainability.

still, i see bigtop as the integration point and the mean of making those jars avail to a
setup.

thanks

Alejandro
(phone typing)