hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Simone Leo <simone....@crs4.it>
Subject Pydoop 0.9.0 released
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:39:24 GMT
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.9.0

The main changes with respect to the previous version are:

* Added explicit support for:
   * Apache Hadoop 1.1.2
   * CDH 4.2.0
* Added support for Cloudera from-parcels layout (as installed by
   Cloudera Manager)
* Added pydoop.hdfs.move
* Record writers can now be used in map-only jobs

plus several bug fixes and minor improvements.

As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.

  * full release notes: http://pydoop.sourceforge.net/docs/news.html
  * download page on sf: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files