hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 04:21:10 GMT
+1

Regards,
Uma

From: Robert Evans [evans@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:58 PM
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] sed bylaws.html -e 's/lazy\s+consensus/consensus approval/gi'

As per Aaron's request I am starting a new voting thread to make it obvious that there is
a vote happening.

I propose that we change the term "lazy consensus" to "consensus approval" (aka s/lazy\s+consensus/consensus
approval/gi) in the bylaws so that it matches the terms used in the apache foundation glossary.
 No actual change to our voting would take place, just the term we use to describe that voting.

As per the by-laws this would take a "lazy majority" of active PMC members (although others
are encouraged to speak up).

Lazy Majority - A lazy majority vote requires 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes
than -1 votes.

Voting lasts 7 days, so it closes Monday April 1st (But this is not a joke).

I am +1 (binding)

--Bobby