hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:36:33 GMT
The idea of removing contrib was that this source would no longer go into
the Hadoop project. Where it goes is really up to the contributor. Some
people have created separate incubator projects (eg MRUnit), some people
are using Apache extras (hosted on Google), some could bake on github and
then get contributed to Hadoop when they're ready to be fully supported in
the code base (eg Hadoop auth and Httpfs).