hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Gaurav Kumar <gauravkuma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Hadoop 1.0.4 eclipse plugin
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:11:38 GMT
Hi William,

The general approach is to

   1. checkout the code from Apache's SVN
   2. modify build.properties in /src/contrib/eclipse-plugin and add
   eclipse.home=<path to eclipse>
   3. download apache forrest 0.8 and sun jdk 5
   4. run ant command as "ant clean package
   -Djava5.home=/opt/java/jdk1.5.0_22 -Dforrest.home=/opt/apache-forrest-0.8"
   (replace the paths as per your config)
   5. you should be online for this
   6. after that eclipse plugin should be there in
   /build/contrib/eclipse-plugin
   7. Now the plugin thus made is not correct
   8. open the jar and add the jars of the following in /lib of the jar-
   commons-configuration, commons-lang, jackson-core-asl,jackson-mapper-asl
   9. modify MANIFEST.MF in /META-INF of the jar to include these paths
   such as "Bundle-ClassPath:
   classes/,lib/hadoop-core.jar,lib/jackson-mapper-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/jackson-core-asl-1.8.8.jar,lib/commons-configuration-1.6.jar,lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar"
   10. copy this jar to plugins folder of eclipse
   11. run "eclipse -clean"
   12. switch to map reduce perspective

2 noteworthy points:

   1. it's really not worth it to build the plugin for later versions of
   hadoop because even if the plugin has compiled, it doesn't work with all
   the feaures
   2. this query may have been better answered in the developers mailing
   list.

Thanks & Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Software Engineer