hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Peter Cogan <peter.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop roadmap
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:03:05 GMT
Hi,

Is there published anywhere a development roadmap for Hadoop for the next
few months or years? I'd be very interested to know where the lead
developers want to take Hadoop.

There are a lot of modifications of Hadoop floating around such as MR
Online, HaLoop, CoHadoop, Hadoop++ that I am sure you are well aware of.
Although these projects are often promising, I worry they lack support &
maintenance and can easily fall behind the main Hadoop trunk.

So I am wondering whether the team is planning on implementing any of the
ideas from these projects.

thanks!
Peter