hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:11:21 GMT
Hi Arun,

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Happy new year folks!
>
> I'm glad to see that we are down to the last couple of blockers I hope we can resolve
in the next 24-hrs or so.

> Once done, I'll create a branch-2.0.3-alpha to unblock branch-2
> for commits targeted towards the next release, create the new fix-versions in jira and
spin the RC.

Quick question -- when do you think you can have the
branch-2.0.3-alpha in place?

We'd *really* like to start testing it in Bigtop ASAP (Bigtop 0.6.0 is
supposed to be
based on Hadoop 2.0.3) so we can avoid integration issues like we had between
2.0.2 and Oozie.

Any help in making it available to us sooner would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Roman.