hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANN] First 2013 Munich OpenHUG Meeting
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 03:42:21 GMT
I am pleased to invite you to our next Munich Open Hadoop User Group Meeting!

Like always we are looking forward to see everyone again and are welcoming new attendees to
join our group. We are enthusiast about all things related to scalable, distributed storage
and database systems. We are not limiting us to a particular system but appreciate anyone
who would like to share their experiences.

When: Friday February 22nd, 2013 from 4PM to 8PM
Where: T-Systems International GmbH, Dachauer Straße 651, 80995 München, Room EG-148"E"

Thanks to T-Systems (http://www.t-systems.com/) for helping to organize the event and for
providing the infrastructure, as well as food and drinks.

We have quite a few very interesting talks scheduled:

- "Ending Confusion on Big Data Technologies: How Use Case Segmentation drives Target Architectures
and Technology Selection at Deutsche Telekom" by Juergen Urbanski, Chief Technologist at T-Systems

- "Low latency data processing with Impala" by Lars George, Director EMEA Services at Cloudera

We are looking for further volunteers to submit talks, so if you are working in the "new"
Big Data or NoSQL space, and would like to give a presentation, please let me know (via email
to lars@cloudera.com).

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Please RSVP here:

Xing: https://www.xing.com/events/2013-munich-openhug-meeting-1198136