hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: JVM is crashing for systems with NFS
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 17:28:15 GMT
Hi,

I have experienced this with non-hadoop applications although we
typically saw the SIGBUS with Java 5. When it received the signal the
JVM was trying to load a class from a jar on the NFS volume. In our
experience with whatever version of Java 6 we were using, the JVM
would throw ClassNotFoundExceptions as opposed to exiting due to a
SIGBUS. We were using SLES 10 or 11. At the end of the day, we decided
not keep jar files on NFS.

Brock