hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:22:42 GMT
I am OK with removing the alpha assuming that we think that the APIs are
stable enough that we are willing to truly start maintaining backwards
compatibility on them within 2.X. From what I have seen I think that they
are fairly stable and I think there is enough adoption by other projects
right now that breaking backwards compatibility would be problematic.

--Bobby Evans