hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Siddharth Seth <seth.siddha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:09:13 GMT
YARN-142/MAPREDUCE-4067 should ideally be fixed before we commit to API
backward compatibility. Also, from the recent YARN meetup - there seemed to
be a requirement to change the AM-RM protocol for container requests. In
this case, I believe it's OK to not have all functionality implemented, as
long as the protocol itself can represent the requirements. However, as
Bobby pointed out, given the current adoption by other projects -
incompatible changes at this point can be problematic and needs to be
figured out.

Thanks
- Sid