hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Aaron T. Myers" <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 01:48:33 GMT
+1 (binding)

I built the source, ran a single-node cluster, started up HDFS and YARN,
did a few FS operations, and ran a few of the example jobs. I also verified
the signatures.

Though I don't think it necessarily warrants a new RC, I will point out
that the native code in 0.23.5 does not compile on Ubuntu, I think because
this JIRA isn't included:

You might want to include that in 0.23.6, or if you spin another RC of
0.23.5 for another reason I'd put it in there. It would've made my
evaluation/voting easier.

Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera