hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 06:41:20 GMT
On the heels of the planned 0.23.5 release (thanks Bobby & Thomas) I want to rollout a
hadoop-2.0.3 release to reflect the growing stability of YARN.

I'm hoping we can also release the QJM along-with; hence I'd love to know an ETA - Todd? Sanjay?
Suresh?

One other thing which would be nice henceforth is to better reflect release content for end-users
in release-notes etc.; thus, can I ask committers to start paying closer attention to bug
classification such as Blocker/Critical/Major/Minor etc.? This way, as we get closer to stable
hadoop-2 releases, we can do a better job communicating content and it's criticality.

thanks,
Arun