hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Clarify bylaws on PMC chair voting
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 18:47:38 GMT

+1 to Owen's suggestion.

Bobby, recall that PMC Chair is (just) a representative who communicates with the board on
behalf of the PMC, and not any sort of "leader" (See http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#chair);
all the project decisions are driven by the PMC collectively. Given that,  one should not
expect vetoes at all in this vote.

Thanks,
+Vinod