hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tsz Wo Sze <szets...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Clarify bylaws on PMC chair voting
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:12:54 GMT
Owen's proposal sounds good in general.  There are slight variances of STV.  I guess Owen
probably means the one used in Apache board voting (http://wiki.apache.org/general/BoardVoting).
We should add a link to their wiki in our bylaws.

How about tiebreaker?  What if there are only two candidates and they get exactly the same
number of votes?

Tsz-Wo

________________________________
 From: Robert Evans <evans@yahoo-inc.com>
To: "general@hadoop.apache.org" <general@hadoop.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Clarify bylaws on PMC chair voting

Vinod,

I don't see what the PMC Chair does has any barring on how we select them.
Yes I agree that a -1 will not be an issue.  That is why I said "However,
I don't think in practice it really matters if we allow for vetoes or
not."  I too am +1 for Owen's suggestion, but I would like to see a vote
thread with the exact diff of the change to the bylaws.

--Bobby