I verified this RC, based on my usual check-list:
- Signatures and message digests are good.
- The top level full LICENSE, NOTICE and README for both the source and binary artifacts are good
- CHANGES.txt for common, hdfs, mapred and YARN are correctly located.
- Able to build the tar.gzs out of the expanded source tar ball.
Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured, default mode. Built from the sources (not from the convenience binary artifacts)
- Separate installation homes for *all* the sub-projects
- Started HDFS daemons successfully
- Successfully started YARN daemons - ResourceManager and NodeManager
- Successfully started mapreduce history server.
- Ran the distributed shell and the pi mapreduce example successfully
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
On Oct 1, 2012, at 8:52 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote: