hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Adam Berry <ambe...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:24:13 GMT
Awesome! Thank you Eli!

And before, I did mean mentor when I said sponsor. Sponsor seems to normally be the incubator
pmc.

So we have three mentors, which seems to be the normal amount from digging around the incubation
stuff.

I realize its a big ask, but that just leaves the champion slot open.

Adam

On Sep 28, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> Hey Adam,
>
> I'd be happy to mentor as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Adam Berry <amberry@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>>
>> So at this point, I definitely have Chris and Bobby who are willing to mentor.
>>
>> Arun, would you be willing to be the third sponsor?
>>
>> And then, could one of you guys take up being the champion?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adam
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Chris A Mattmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Adam,
>>>
>>> I'd be willing to be a mentor for the project, let me think about being the Champion
:)
>>> Either way, count me on the mentoring team!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Chris

it here for feedback before taking it to the incubation lists.

to throw their hat in for this? I would like to have that information in the proposal as soon
as possible.

material and preparing the proposal. Thank you for the offer of help, I'll be taking you up
on that.

might object to that, but I highly doubt it given this thread.

Hadoop in

main hadoop source into a separate incubating project. I'm willing to commit to this effort.

to the Hadoop source we could make dev tools that could support multiple versions of Hadoop
from within a single IDE, which would be very helpful when migrating jobs or dealing with
clusters running different versions.

help with developing MR jobs, and also have some HDFS tools included. So the early work would
be to ensure that these features were supported across the version space of Hadoop.

tools such as MRUnit and other products in the Hadoop ecosystem, to eventually yield a one
stop project for all dev tools around this space.