hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 0.23.3 release
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:38:17 GMT
I don't think I was super clear about exactly what is NOT in 0.23.3.
Sorry about that, I'll try to be more clean next time.  There are a number
of known issues that some people may consider to be blockers.  If these
are really blockers for you on 0.23.3 I will see what we can do to pull
them in and spin a new RC.  Otherwise, I plan on doing a 0.23.4 shortly
anyways, because I know as Yahoo and hopefully others roll this out they
will find and fix more issues.

MAPREDUCE-4647 which I just filed to address Radim's concern about
performance degradation in the PREP stage on 0.23.3.  I know that Kihwal
Lee is also looking into making the chmod use JNI when possible.

HDFS-3905 which you found Daryn.

HDFS-3731 which prevents 0.23.3 from being used to upgrade a cluster that
has had append enabled (which Kihwal and I have been working on porting to

I still think that 0.23.3 is a good release and moves us a step closer to
having YARN/MRv2 stable and in production.

--Bobby Evans

On 9/7/12 4:35 PM, "Daryn Sharp" <daryn@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

>-0 non-binding.  HDFS-3905 should strongly be considered since its a
>On Sep 7, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Bobby Evans wrote:
>> I have built an RC0 for 0.23.3 and am calling a vote on it
>> You can download the signed packages from:
>> http://people.apache.org/~bobby/hadoop-0.23.3-candidate-0/
>> It is tagged under svn at:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.3-rc0
>> Please kick the tires and let me know if I missed anything, this is
>> the first time I am doing a release.
>> As per the bylaws the vote will be open for 7 days and will end Friday
>>Sep 14th.
>> I am a +1 (non-binding)
>> --Bobby Evans

View raw message