hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:16:00 GMT
Hey Adam,

I'd be happy to mentor as well.

Thanks,
Eli

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Adam Berry <amberry@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> So at this point, I definitely have Chris and Bobby who are willing to mentor.
>
> Arun, would you be willing to be the third sponsor?
>
> And then, could one of you guys take up being the champion?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> On Sep 24, 2012, at 11:51 AM, Chris A Mattmann wrote:
>
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> I'd be willing to be a mentor for the project, let me think about being the Champion
:)
>> Either way, count me on the mentoring team!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris
>>
>> On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Adam Berry wrote:
>>

>>> So, I've been drafting the proposal, and once I have a rough one I'll post it
here for feedback before taking it to the incubation lists.

>>> I've had offers of involvement, which is also great.
>>>
>>> @Chris, would you be willing to be the champion for this project and also a mentor?
>>>
>>> @Everyone, that would leave two mentor slots left to fill, anyone else willing
to throw their hat in for this? I would like to have that information in the proposal as soon
as possible.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Adam

and preparing the proposal. Thank you for the offer of help, I'll be taking you up on that.

might object to that, but I highly doubt it given this thread.

hadoop source into a separate incubating project. I'm willing to commit to this effort.

the Hadoop source we could make dev tools that could support multiple versions of Hadoop from
within a single IDE, which would be very helpful when migrating jobs or dealing with clusters
running different versions.

with developing MR jobs, and also have some HDFS tools included. So the early work would be
to ensure that these features were supported across the version space of Hadoop.

such as MRUnit and other products in the Hadoop ecosystem, to eventually yield a one stop
project for all dev tools around this space.