hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.2-alpha
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:08:06 GMT
Hi Arun,

Can you consider https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8833 for
2.0.2 as well? I've marked its target version as such, but change if
you feel it can go to another version. It is required to fix a
user-tool issue (fs -text) to work with compressed files (lzo, snappy,
etc.).

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Make sense Vinod - I'll re-spin an RC1 post your commit. Thanks!
>
> On Sep 17, 2012, at 4:01 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>

>> Hey Arun, I'd like to get in YARN-9 + HADOOP-8794 and MAPREDUCE-4649 before we make
another release. The less number of releases with the inconsistent env var names, the better.
Shouldn't take more than a couple of days before these patches can get committed. What do
you think?

--
Harsh J