hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Fausto Spoto <fausto.sp...@univr.it>
Subject static analysis of Hadoop with Julia
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 08:06:44 GMT
Dear Hadoop community,

we have passed the whole hadoop-common code through our Julia static
analyzer. We have found just a few problems that look like bugs to us.
However, we have found many inefficiencies and unused code. Some warnings
are spurious and just the consequence of the unavoidable imprecision of
static analysis.

The results are attached to this email. We thought that they might be of
interest to your community. We have analyzed hadoop-common as downloaded
through git on August, 30.

For more information on Julia:
http://www.juliasoft.com

--
*Fausto Spoto*

Associate Professor, University of Verona, Italy
Chairman and CTO of Julia Srl <http://www.juliasoft.com> - Static Analysis
and Verified Software in Java and Android
  Like Julia Srl on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/JuliaSoftware>
  Follow Julia Srl on Twitter <http://twitter.com/JuliaSoftware>
  Join Julia Srl on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/company/julia-srl>