hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Large feature development
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:48:54 GMT

On Sep 3, 2012, at 12:31 AM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> But, I'll stand by my point that YARN is at this point more "alpha"
>>> than HDFS2.
>>
>> I'll unfair to tag-team me while consistently ignoring what I write.
>
> I'm not sure I ignored what you wrote. I understand that Yahoo is
> deploying soon on one of their clusters. That's great news. My
> original point was about the state of YARN when it was merged, and the
> comment about its current state was more of an aside. Hardly worth
> debating further. Best of luck with the deployment next week - I look
> forward to reading about how it goes on the list.

Everyone +1'ed the merge, now we'd like to rewrite history?
Also, it's current state is much that what you trivialized as 'deployed to one cluster' -
again, please read my email on the effort we've undertaken to get where we are. That's a lot
of work by many tens of people - hardly good form to trivialize them as you did.

Arun