hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Chris A Mattmann <chris.mattm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spinning out Hadoop Eclipse Tools
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:51:40 GMT
Hi Adam,

I'd be willing to be a mentor for the project, let me think about being the Champion :)
Either way, count me on the mentoring team!

Cheers,
Chris

On Sep 24, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Adam Berry wrote:

> So, I've been drafting the proposal, and once I have a rough one I'll post it here for
feedback before taking it to the incubation lists.

> I've had offers of involvement, which is also great.
>
> @Chris, would you be willing to be the champion for this project and also a mentor?
>
> @Everyone, that would leave two mentor slots left to fill, anyone else willing to throw
their hat in for this? I would like to have that information in the proposal as soon as possible.

> Cheers,
> Adam
>

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Adam Berry wrote:
>

>> The positive feedback is really encouraging, so thanks everyone!
>>
>> @Chris, thanks for the links, I will make a start on going through that material
and preparing the proposal. Thank you for the offer of help, I'll be taking you up on that.

>> Is there anyone else who is also interested in committing to this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adam
>>
>> On Sep 18, 2012, at 1:03 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>>
>>> +1 to spinning it out and +1 for just starting to work with incubator as chris
outlines.

>>> Once that is up and the code here can be removed as redundant. Folks might object
to that, but I highly doubt it given this thread.

source into a separate incubating project. I'm willing to commit to this effort.

source we could make dev tools that could support multiple versions of Hadoop from within
a single IDE, which would be very helpful when migrating jobs or dealing with clusters running
different versions.

MR jobs, and also have some HDFS tools included. So the early work would be to ensure that
these features were supported across the version space of Hadoop.

as MRUnit and other products in the Hadoop ecosystem, to eventually yield a one stop project
for all dev tools around this space.