hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Maintain a single committer list for the Hadoop project
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:20:37 GMT

Given that a discussion of a TLP proposal is happening in parallel, and that there seems to
be a positive response there, is this vote still happening?

At any rate, here's my opinion: The earlier project split, however painful it was, has done
a lot of good, both in terms of project management as well as community focus. Leaving common
project aside, merging the committer lists back is going to submerge the underlying issue
of communities, that have acquired sufficient independence, attempting to function together
and is also likely to make us depend on informal behavior of trusting someone to not commit
code that they aren't really responsible for.

This is definitely going in the opposite direction of our long term goals.

-1.

Thanks,
+Vinod