hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 02:37:33 GMT
Woah, I'm gone for one day and miss out a lot of fun - thank god for little mercies! :)

A couple of quick responses before I need to run again...

> However, contrary appeals to emotional reasoning citing "exclusion" or
> a "lack of trust in contributors" are lazy and invalid. The proposal
> is a dry partitioning for a specific, administrative purpose: to be
> transparent about criteria to be included in a Yarn

I thought I already did, but my bad - apologies. Looks like a couple of people asked, here
you go:

I included everyone with 20 patches and then, on Tom's suggestion, anyone with 10 commits
- both for a period of 18 months.
(The list doesn't change if we go with a filter of 15 patches for the same period.)
Is thought it was a reasonably small bar, no? Should we go higher?

Regarding why this wasn't discussed before, not sure - but we are discussing now after Tom
asked to make up.
And boy, are we *discussing*! :)

View raw message