hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:48:14 GMT
Eli,

 Good point. Looks like both HDFS & MR committers have been lax in maintaining branch-2.1.0-alpha.
Lots of stabilization has occurred via branch-2/branch-0.23.

 Since branch-0.23 is nearly there, I'll go ahead and cherry-pick to branch-2.1.0-alpha -
do you mind do the same for HDFS from branch-2 also?

thanks,
Arun

On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> Hey Arun,
>
> Are you still planning on releasing this branch?  It's been a couple
> of months and branch-2.1.0-alpha wasn't compiling for a while (had the
> wrong mvn versions, and YARN-36) so sounds like this branch isn't
> actually being stabilized?
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
>

> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> I'll try and shoot for end of month, but will depend on performance work and how
much we'll need to get to parity with hadoop-1.x on branch-2 etc., even though hadoop-0.23
was there. Fingers crossed.

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> On Jul 9, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Arun, what do you think the ETA is for the first 2.1.0-alpha RC?

release. So, this way, I can start stabilize that release (performance, bug-fixes etc.) -
please be careful, henceforth, while committing to branch-2.1.0-alpha.

four weeks or so with some more major add ons I think we can get done soon:

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.