hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:21:43 GMT

On Aug 31, 2012, at 9:45 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Makes sense. The only issue is rejiggering fix-versions, CHANGES.txt etc., but I can
do that.

> My plan to create the RC after 0.23.3 completes the test/integration cycle it's currently
in - should be done in the next week or so barring blockers.

> thanks,
> Arun

In which case shall we just wipe off 2.1.0-alpha for now and branch out only after 0.23.3's
cycle is done. I don't expect major features to go in the meanwhile into branch-2 which we
don't want in 2.1.0-alpha.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli