hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject 0.23.3 release coming soon
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:52:27 GMT
[https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

I am planning to do cut a release candidate of 0.23.3 in the next week or so.  I am waiting
for a few more JIRAs to go in (MAPREDUCE-3943 and HDFS-3177), and a bit more testing before
I call a vote.  I know not too many people have been putting things into branch-0.23 directly,
but if you do want to please check with me first. After I cut the release I will open the
branch up again for more bug fixes for a 23.4 release.  I expect 0.23.4 to come about a month
after 0.23.3. This is to incorporate any bug fixes needed as Yahoo! and hopefully others do
more testing on 0.23.3 and start rolling it out to more clusters.
[https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif]

--Bobby Evans