hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 16:31:09 GMT
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Eli,
>
>  Good point. Looks like both HDFS & MR committers have been lax in maintaining branch-2.1.0-alpha.
Lots of stabilization has occurred via branch-2/branch-0.23.

>  Since branch-0.23 is nearly there, I'll go ahead and cherry-pick to branch-2.1.0-alpha
- do you mind do the same for HDFS from branch-2 also?

Will do, probably won't get to this today early next week with a plan
to spin an RC maybe by the end of week would work?

Thanks,
Eli

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:43 PM, Eli Collins wrote:
>
>> Hey Arun,
>>
>> Are you still planning on releasing this branch?  It's been a couple
>> of months and branch-2.1.0-alpha wasn't compiling for a while (had the
>> wrong mvn versions, and YARN-36) so sounds like this branch isn't
>> actually being stabilized?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Eli
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> I'll try and shoot for end of month, but will depend on performance work and
how much we'll need to get to parity with hadoop-1.x on branch-2 etc., even though hadoop-0.23
was there. Fingers crossed.

>>> thanks,
>>> Arun

hadoop-2 release. So, this way, I can start stabilize that release (performance, bug-fixes
etc.) - please be careful, henceforth, while committing to branch-2.1.0-alpha.

four weeks or so with some more major add ons I think we can get done soon: