hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Inder.dev Java" <java.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:33:26 GMT
HI Hadoopers,

I am a user and big fan for Hadoop. I can see lot of great discussions
here. Most of them talks about the access rights and technical problem in
split.
 I don't see many members contributing to projects, but they have access
looks like. If they are not contributing, why access required?
Generally I will watch the mails in community. Some people not even
published and i can see their names in list you have proposed.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?projectOrFilterId=project-12310942&statistictype=assignees&selectedProjectId=12310942&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.reports%3Apie-report&Next=Next

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?projectOrFilterId=project-12310941&statistictype=assignees&selectedProjectId=12310942&reportKey=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.reports%3Apie-report&Next=Next

I am curious to know how that many people got access in Map Reduce/HDFS.
when you think they are separate,  Todd proposed list is more close to the
above links and looks to be true contributors.
Take the correct information rather than messing up...

I too think that, it is good to split and have a lists like Todd proposed
and take the list for YARN from Arun.
 This is just my thought. I may not know many things here. Please ignore
this mail, if I misunderstood some things in community.

-thx