hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Inder.dev Java" <java.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.23.3 release coming soon
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:52:53 GMT
> We also wanted to do this out in the open so the community
could see what was happening, instead of in some private git repository.

You mean, you have some different changes in 23.3,  which is not put into
hadoop-2 ?

Note that, end of the day, ultimately community has to mark hadoop-2 as
stable. but not 23.3..versions right.

alpha cuts already going on and ppl are testing. If you find any bug in
23.3, you may contribute to hadoop-2.
That changes will be tested in next alpha cut right. If you test with 23.3
and say it is stable with out merging some things from hadoop-2, that will
not really give confidence on hadoop-2 releases right. If you are porting
everything from hadoop-2 to 23.3, then both releases are same. Need not
release it separately right? But I am not sure about it.

IMO, having official releases like this may confuse ppl differently.

-thx