hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Inder.dev Java" <java.in...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.23.3 release coming soon
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:09:52 GMT
Having releases like this kind of versions (back to 2x.x..) may confuse
people?
Hadoop-2 and 23.x may not have big difference right.

already community decided to make the branches as 1, 2....etc.. So again
going back to 2x.x releases may really confuse people. I confused by seeing
this release mail here.

Why can't people put real effort on hadoop-2 itself and make it stable as
that is the version community wanted to make it stable from alpha? Why this
effort split here.

-thx