hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:01:08 GMT
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Ok, we are nearly there.
>
> # The new YARN jira is functional now (albeit with some teething issues
> with notifications/workflow which should be resolved soon):
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN
> # I've committed YARN-1 to move YARN out of hadoop-mapreduce-project onto
> hadoop-yarn-project in subversion.
> # All jira notifications are going to yarn-issues@ and all subversion
> commit notifications are going to yarn-commits@.

Thanks for setting this up Arun. The committer list needs to be set up
by editing https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-authorization-template.
It should have the initial contents of the MR committer list. When we
split the committer lists for Hadoop into Common, HDFS, MR we made
them all start out with the Hadoop list, so we should do the same for
splitting YARN out of MR.

Cheers,
Tom