hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Suresh Srinivas <sur...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:26:36 GMT

> > - I agree with Arun that the common can move with HDFS.
>
> So, this would mean that a bunch of common functionality needed by
> other TPLs (YARN, MR, HBASE) which is not required by HDFS will end up
> in HDFS. I'm not necessary against that but it should be well
> understood/expected/accepted by HDFS TPL, right?

RPC is the main common functionality (not used by HBase). Others are some
utilities related to native i/o, Configuration and other helper utils.
Other than RPC projects we can move utils specific to a project into that
project. In some cases if there is code duplication, that is fine. We can
make a call on those on case by case basis.

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/