hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jagane Sundar <jag...@sundar.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Spin out MR, HDFS and YARN as their own TLPs and disband Hadoop umbrella project
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:24:22 GMT

> As for technical things we need to do to get to a feasible split: big
> +1 that classpath pollution issues are near top of the list. We need a
> reasonable classloader strategy, and I think Tom's OSGi stuff is a
> good start in that direction. But it's going to be quite some time
> before that's all integrated and pulled into dependent projects, etc.
> So let's work on it but not be rash in our decisions.

Just a quick comment regarding the OSGi specification - Eclipse plugins use OSGi 'bundles'.
This is the most excruciatingly painful aspect of building plugins for eclipse. I am sure
there are other experts here who can chime in, but google for eclipse plugin classpath problems,
and you will get an earful...

Jagane