hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 03:00:54 GMT
Hi Tom,

Speaking as someone who is being excluded from the new list, this seems fair to me.  It seems
like you are worrying about a hypothetical.  Anyone who feels they have contributed significantly
to YARN need only identify themselves.  Others are welcome to do so and become committers
via the normal process.  Seems meritocratic / appropriate.

E14

On Jul 26, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> As we discussed in the previous thread, I'd like to call a vote to establish YARN as
a sub-project (it's the best *term* we have to describe it in our current nomenclature) of
Apache Hadoop along with Common, HDFS & MapReduce.

> Specifically,
> # Create a separate top-level src folder hadoop-yarn, move it out of hadoop-mapreduce-project
in subversion at hadoop/common/trunk.