hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 07:51:39 GMT
With 22 +1s (9 binding) and no -1s the vote passes unanimously. Thanks to all who voted.

I'll start the necessary process to move on this.

thanks,
Arun

On Jul 26, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> As we discussed in the previous thread, I'd like to call a vote to establish YARN as
a sub-project (it's the best *term* we have to describe it in our current nomenclature) of
Apache Hadoop along with Common, HDFS & MapReduce.

> Specifically,
> # Create a separate top-level src folder hadoop-yarn, move it out of hadoop-mapreduce-project
in subversion at hadoop/common/trunk.