hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:55:26 GMT
I'm about to create a hadoop-2.0.1-alpha release with a couple of security fixes.

Also, I plan to create a branch-2.1.0-alpha for the next release in the hadoop-2 release.
So, this way, I can start stabilize that release (performance, bug-fixes etc.) - please be
careful, henceforth, while committing to branch-2.1.0-alpha.

thanks,
Arun

On Jun 8, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> Folks,
>
>  I'm considering cutting a hadoop-2.0.1-alpha release within the next four weeks or so
with some more major add ons I think we can get done soon:

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.