hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: next hadoop-2 release
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:31:51 GMT
I'll try and shoot for end of month, but will depend on performance work and how much we'll
need to get to parity with hadoop-1.x on branch-2 etc., even though hadoop-0.23 was there.
Fingers crossed.

thanks,
Arun

On Jul 9, 2012, at 11:59 AM, Eli Collins wrote:

> Thanks Arun, what do you think the ETA is for the first 2.1.0-alpha RC?
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> I'm about to create a hadoop-2.0.1-alpha release with a couple of security fixes.
>>
>> Also, I plan to create a branch-2.1.0-alpha for the next release in the hadoop-2
release. So, this way, I can start stabilize that release (performance, bug-fixes etc.) -
please be careful, henceforth, while committing to branch-2.1.0-alpha.

>> thanks,
>> Arun
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2012, at 12:08 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I'm considering cutting a hadoop-2.0.1-alpha release within the next four weeks
or so with some more major add ons I think we can get done soon:

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.