hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.1-alpha
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 18:30:08 GMT
Hey Arun,

 Is it possible to include HDFS-3605 in this release?
Because it fixes one potential data-loss issue with append operations in HA failover.

Thanks and Regards,
Uma
From: Arun C Murthy [acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:50 AM
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.1-alpha

Folks,

I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.1-alpha that I would like to release.
This release is a bug-fix release which contains critical security fixes including CVE-2012-3376.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.1-alpha-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun