hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jun Ping Du <...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 08:01:01 GMT
+1. Non-binding.

Thanks,

Junping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arun C Murthy" <acm@hortonworks.com>
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 11:24:44 AM
Subject: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

As we discussed in the previous thread, I'd like to call a vote to establish YARN as a sub-project
(it's the best *term* we have to describe it in our current nomenclature) of Apache Hadoop
along with Common, HDFS & MapReduce.

Specifically,
# Create a separate top-level src folder hadoop-yarn, move it out of hadoop-mapreduce-project
in subversion at hadoop/common/trunk.