hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Looking for a Hadoop 1.X distro maintainer in Bigtop
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:02:41 GMT
Hi!

While preparing for a Bigtop 0.4.0 release it has dawned on
me that managing releases is hard work ;-) Which lead to
my next observation that regardless of how much I wish for
the Hadoop 1.X based Bigtop distro -- it ain't going to happen
unless somebody is willing to help us out. Personally I simply
can't work on two major line of development like that.

Hence this plea -- if there's a brave soul who would like to
donate his or her time and help all of the Hadoop users out there
have an access to a kick ass proven distro based on Hadoop
1.X would that person please contact us at bigtop-dev@ ?

Thanks and sorry for the wide distribution,
Roman.