hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Clarification about 2.* branches
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:52:48 GMT

I checked with Nicholas also who did the only merge into branch-2.0.0-alpha after the release
and got a confirmation that I can delete the branch.

Removing the branch now.

Thanks,
+Vinod

On Jun 5, 2012, at 5:45 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> +1 for blowing away branch-2.0.0-alpha now, we have the release tag if necessary.
>
> thanks,
> Arun
>
> On Jun 5, 2012, at 4:40 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see two branches for 2.* now: branch-2 and branch-2.0.0-alpha and two sections
in CHANGES.txt: 2.0.1-alpha unreleased and 2.0.0-alpha released. It is a little confusing,
seems like branch-2.0.0-alpha was a staging branch for the release and can be thrown away.

>> Anyone committing patches to both branch-2 and branch-2.0.0-alpha? If not, I'll blow
away the later and rename the section in CHANGES.txt to branch-2.