hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-2.0.0-alpha
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 18:20:46 GMT
+1 I downloaded it and run a few simple tests wordcount etc. on a single node cluster with
no security.

--Bobby Evans

On 5/9/12 11:58 AM, "Arun C Murthy" <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

I've created a release candidate for hadoop-2.0.0-alpha that I would like to release.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc0/

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

This is a big milestone for the Apache Hadoop community - congratulations and thanks for all
the contributions!

thanks,
Arun

--